Before the season holidays I decided to do some more development on tcms. I must say I was a bit lazy and was searching an excuse for myself to not do any development. Maybe there was a reason for it if I look back at the last couple of weeks.
On Januari the 4th I posted about Monty who seems to spam all users, even those addresses he seems to have sold to Sun. I replied on the page where he points to in his e-mail stating I think he is not entitled to those addresses. He never responded but I did catch up reading about his plans. He seems to look for a way where someone can own the database he sold to Sun for a lot of money on a dual license.
This made me decide to not select MySQL as a base development database and switch to PostgreSQL. I must be honest, it’s not the only reason. PostgreSQL has more features that I would like to use and seems to be more stable.
It might set back tcms development for a short while but I hope it will be a more robust solution without doubting over the support in the future.